If you have little-to-no experience handling a firearm, are new to owning a pistol, are looking to purchase a handgun, or want a Concealed Carry Permit, this course is for you. Course Content: Basics/Fundamentals of Firearm Ownership & Operation Owning a firearm is a tremendous responsibility. We invite you into a non-intimidating environment to learn the fundamentals of firearm ownership, starting with safety. Firearms familiarity and skills training will help you feel confident, comfortable, and prepared to select your handgun and accessories. We teach you weapons awareness, ready positions, shooting fundamentals, and the Colorado laws of concealed carry, and how to confidently and adequately handle your firearm. This Course Covers:
- Accessories and gear you’ll need to get familiar with
- Ear and eye protection
- Holsters – inside the waistband or outside the waistband
- Safe and/or vault
- Cleaning kit
- Range & defensive ammo
- Handgun selection
- To best meet your needs, we cove usage considerations like home defense, concealed carry, target shooting, and competition
- Firearm fit
- Grip, weight, how it feels when you point it
- Firearms basics
- Firearms Safety
- Safe & responsible firearm ownership
- Handgun types, operation, maintenance, and safe storage
- Handgun ammunition types and firearm selection
- Can you operate the gun you’ve selected? Can you load magazines and operate/load the firearm in a hurry, if needed?
- Skills practice
- Hands-on training
- Students have the opportunity to shoot a firearm at the range
- Practice grips and posture
- Range etiquette: how to properly uncase a firearm at the firing line, how to properly hang targets, proper loading & unloading
- Breathing techniques and taking your time with fundamentals
CCW: Concealed Carry Permit Looking to get your Colorado CCW? Building on firearms basics and fundamentals, this course covers all the essentials of Colorado State Law. We cover concealed handgun selection and a variety of carrying methods and correlating draw techniques for each method. You can obtain your certificate and permit after completing the final exam. Course Instructors Top-rated, certified instructors teach all Pilum firearms courses. Requirements No previous firearms experience is necessary for this course that includes classroom and range time. Once completed, it lays the groundwork for future trainings (Pistol II and III) and is a prerequisite to taking those courses.
Colorado Hand Gun Permit (CHP)/Pistol I Course:
Date: Saturday – August 21, 2021 – Price: $95
Classroom Instruction: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
11700 Wadsworth Blvd
Broomfield, CO 80020
Shooting Instruction: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Shoot Indoors – Broomfield
1 Park St
Broomfield, CO 80020